Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm here! And alive!

Or I will be once the jet lag completely wears off. So the flight was horrendously long, I am dreading the 21 hours home, it's just awful. But I ended up on a plane full of missionaries,lol, so there certainly wasn't any fear of strangers.
I can't believe I'm really here. After months of talking about it, those painful shots, shopping and packing, I'm actually here. I got here about midnight(Ugandan Time) and after doing a few things, I fell into bed and slept until I woke up when the sun was up and it sounded like a million birds singing. I then realized it was only 6 am and that the sun rises REALLY early here. It's "winter" here and about 85 degrees. Everything is so very very green. I haven't really eaten anything but 2 granola bars since about 5:00 Monday afternoon. I just kept getting sick when I tried to eat. So note to everyone who wants to lose weight-simply board a really long flight with gross airplane food. I guaruntee results.
Thank you so very very very much to everyone who has supported me through the process of getting here, you have all been so very wonderful. Oh and Russ-you were right...I did find the bag very usefull. Like immediately useful. Katie, those are precious. I keep assuming I can get on and chat with everyone, but then I realize it's 2 am at hoome and no one wants to be on the internet at the time...lol
I'll upload some pictures later!
Tay

No comments: