Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It rained.

And it rained. And it rained. All day yesterday. And my internet was out, but now it's back on and I will attempt to take pictures and go shopping today. Attempt being the key phrase. Oh and for those of you who happen to know that I haven't had an appetite and think I am wasting away to the width of a Twizzler, so far today I have eaten half a can of peaches and 7 or 8 cheese cracker things. And it's only Noon.
Update: I also ate a snack thing of cookies, and an entire bowl of rice. Can't go wrong with rice. My appetite is very good today.

You expect a place like this to exsist 100 years ago, or even 50, but instead it exsists now, where the rest of the world is decades ahead in society and technology. Sure, the people here have their cell phones and email addresses, oh and Crocs, you are cool here if you wear Crocs, but that's it. They still wear mostly handmade, mismatched, faded clothing; most of the women wear only skirts and dresses; they live in homes that you would see only in the most destitute areas in America; they eat food that they cook on stoves everyday,(meaning no microwave pop tarts and no prepackaged meals), and they still have a mentality of someone you might think lived 20th century Africa. It's almost like life for them has barely changed for them in the past 100 years.

2 comments:

katiebug92 said...

too bad for you. we actually got to enjoy a campout without it raining on us! yea!
mmmm... I had a pumpkin pie custard from that yummy place in cedar hill today!!! maybe that will give you a appetite...:P
love ya, twitch
p.s.(you wouldnt have liked this campout much, we biked alot, & there was alot of dady-long-legs) :)

tabatha said...

liked the new post. it's supposed to rain here tomorrow. we biked and biked and biked.
oh and I was standing at the camp and felt something land on my head ,figured it was an acorn. but NOOOOOOO, it was not 1 but TWO daddy long legs that had fallen out of the trees on my head. later, mom